First Ever Retrospective of Chris Cornell's Career Covering Soundgarden, Temple of the Dog, Audioslave and Solo Works Plus 2 Unreleased Recordings!
180g 2LP Edition Includes 17-Tracks Plus 12-Page Booklet With Unreleased Photos and Liner Notes By Kim Thayil, Matt Cameron, Tom Morello, Mike McCready and Brendan O'Brien
The recorded legacy of musical icon and singer/songwriter Chris Cornell is celebrated with the new 17-track self-titled collection, Chris Cornell, the first release since his passing in 2017. Chris Cornell commemorates his life and legacy not only as a singer, but as a poet and one of the most prolific writers and greatest voices of the modern rock era. His wife Vicky Cornell worked extensively with Chris' bandmates and friends to compile a collection of material from the late artist's expansive career, showcasing his contribution to music history with selections culled from the deep catalogs of his three influential bands – Soundgarden, Temple of the Dog and Audioslave – as well as songs from his solo career. She turned to producer Brendan O'Brien, who was a trusted partner to Cornell over the years and Jeff Ament who created the packaging for Chris Cornell.
The breadth of all 17 selections on Chris Cornell display the full span of his artistic achievements, from the full-on kick of Soundgarden's seminal "Black Hole Sun" to the mournful yearning of Temple of the Dog's "Hunger Strike" to the sensitive depth of Audioslave's "Like A Stone" to his solo theme to the 2006 James Bond film Casino Royale, "You Know My Name." This collection also contains a pair of unreleased recordings: a touching cover of Prince's "Nothing Compares 2 U" that was cut live at Sirius XM, and "When Bad Does Good," a favorite of Cornell's found in his personal archives.
The 180-gram 2LP edition comes in a gatefold jacket with limited edition custom die-cut slipcase that showcases Seattle via the tree-line graphics on front and various cities Chris lived in through his life on back. An accompanying 12-page booklet includes unreleased photos and liner notes from bandmates and colleagues Kim Thayil, Matt Cameron, Tom Morello, Mike McCready, and Brendan O'Brien.
• 2 x 180-gram audiophile black LPs
• 17 tracks highlighting Chris Cornell's astonishing career with 2 unreleased recordings
• Gatefold jacket with limited edition custom die-cut slipcase that showcases Seattle via the tree-line graphics on front and various cities Chris lived in through his life on back. Limited to initial manufacturing run.
• 12-page booklet with unreleased photos and liner notes by Kim Thayil, Matt Cameron, Tom Morello, Mike McCready and Brendan O'Brien
• Creative direction by Jeff Ament
1. Loud Love [Soundgarden]
2. Outshined [Soundgarden]
3. Hunger Strike [Temple of the Dog]
5. Black Hole Sun [Soundgarden]
6. Can’t Change Me
7. Like A Stone [Audioslave]
8. Be Yourself [Audioslave]
1. You Know My Name
2. Billie Jean
3. Long Gone (Rock Version)
4. Call Me A Dog (Live Acoustic)
5. Been Away Too Long [Soundgarden]
6. Nearly Forgot My Broken Heart
7. Nothing Compares 2 U (Live at SiriusXM)*
8. The Promise
9. When Bad Does Good*
* Denotes previously unreleased material