The Bee Gees' Barry Gibb Teams with Super Producer Dave Cobb to Offer Updated Country/Bluegrass Versions of Bee Gees Catalog with Alison Krauss, Brandi Carlile, Dolly Parton, Jason Isbell, Keith Urban, Sheryl Crow, Gillian Welch & David Rawlings, Jay Buchanan, Little Big Town, Miranda Lambert & Tommy Emmanuel!
Barry Gibb, the co-creator of the peerless Bee Gees song catalog, is a lifelong fan of country and bluegrass, and has long dreamed of a recording vehicle that would connect him with some of the greatest names in those styles. On Greenfields Gibb teams with the ever in-demand Grammy Award-winning producer Dave Cobb, in Nashville, to revisit the Gibb brothers' celebrated songbook. He's done so in the company of heavyweights like Alison Krauss, Brandi Carlile, Dolly Parton, Jason Isbell, Keith Urban, Sheryl Crow, Gillian Welch & David Rawlings, Jay Buchanan, Little Big Town, Miranda Lambert, and Tommy Emmanuel.
Says Gibb, "From the first day we stepped into RCA Studios in Nashville (the very place where Elvis, Willie, Waylon, Roy, the Everly Brothers and so many other legends made their magic) the album took on a life of its own. I couldn't be more grateful for the opportunity to work with Dave and all the artists who stopped by. They were all incredibly generous with their time and talent. They inspired me more than words can express. I feel deep down that Maurice and Robin would have loved this album for different reasons. I wish we could have all been together to do it...but I think we were."
Cobb adds, "It was truly an honor to work with one of my heroes. The Bee Gees' first album has always been a staple for me and it was surreal to get to witness the genius of Barry Gibb in the studio – he's one of the greatest of all time!"
180g vinyl 2LP-set with D-side etching and gatefold double pocket jacket.
- I've Gotta Get A Message To You with Keith Urban
- Words of a Fool with Jason Isbell
- Run to Me with Brandi Carlile
- Too Much Heaven with Alison Krauss
- Lonely Days with Little Big Town
- Words with Dolly Parton
- Jive Talkin' with Miranda Lambert & Jay Buchanan
- How Deep Is Your Love with Tommy Emanuel & Little Big Town
- How Can You Mend A Broken Heart with Sheryl Crow
- To Love Somebody with Jay Buchanan
- Rest Your Love On Me with Olivia Newton-John
- Butterfly with Gillian Welch & David Rawlings